- Excellent communication skills - Ability to lead and motivate others - Organisational skills - Competitive - Self-driven and ability to generate own leads
•Must have good command of English language both spoken and written.
We are looking for someone to take on a senior position within our Ugandan Office. Reporting to the Head of Business in London, and working closely with the Uganda Country Manager, your role will be to bring new partners to the business. This is a relationship driven role and you’ll need to excel at networking, meeting potential partners and managing existing partnerships and relationships. Your role will involve generating and managing new leads, pitching to clients and presenting at events and conferences. While primarily based in Kampala, the role will require travel and occasional unsociable working hours.
We are looking for someone who would enjoy the challenges and different environments of working for a start-up, someone comfortable meeting with small, local businesses one day, a top government official the day after, and the CTO of a famous tech start-up the day after. Key duties and Responsibilities include:
- Pro-actively identifying and developing partnership opportunities throughout Uganda and building a key role for WeFarm in the Uganda agricultural ecosystem.
- Planning persuasive approaches and pitches to convince local and multinational businesses, NGOs and other relevant organizations to partner with WeFarm.
- Attending conferences, events and trade shows to maximise opportunities, seek new leads and develop a strong network of contacts.
- Reviewing leads, tracking success of proposals and reporting on progress.
- Maintaining a network of partners and prospects.
- Supporting growth and retention of existing partnerships.
- Liaising and collaborating with farmer on-boarding and marketing team to ensure successful delivery of contracts.
- Collecting and sharing market intelligence.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of successful selling to major accounts and business development experience.
- Strong commercial acumen and strategic approach.
- Passion for the social mission of WeFarm.
- Experience working across international markets – preferred.
- Knowledge of supply chain and food industry – ideal.
- Knowledge of the smallholder farmer ecosystem – ideal.
To apply, also draft a (short) cover letter that answers the following question:
We are looking to reach one million farmers in the next 8 months. Please list 3 businesses ( 1 local, 1 national and 1 global) that you think would be a great fit to help us reach this goal and draft an introductory email to convince them we are awesome!
About the Company
Social enterprise WeFarm is a unique network for the world's 500 million smallholder farmers without internet access. This pioneering, peer-to-peer platform enables farmers to access crowdsourced information by SMS, creating social impact on a groundbreaking scale and game-changing data in the process.