We are looking for someone to take on a senior position within our Ugandan Office. Reporting to the Head of Business in London, and working closely with the Uganda Country Manager, your role will be to bring new partners to the business. This is a relationship driven role and you’ll need to excel at networking, meeting potential partners and managing existing partnerships and relationships. Your role will involve generating and managing new leads, pitching to clients and presenting at events and conferences. While primarily based in Kampala, the role will require travel and occasional unsociable working hours.
We are looking for someone who would enjoy the challenges and different environments of working for a start-up, someone comfortable meeting with small, local businesses one day, a top government official the day after, and the CTO of a famous tech start-up the day after. Key duties and Responsibilities include:
- Pro-actively identifying and developing partnership opportunities throughout Uganda and building a key role for WeFarm in the Uganda agricultural ecosystem.
- Planning persuasive approaches and pitches to convince local and multinational businesses, NGOs and other relevant organizations to partner with WeFarm.
- Attending conferences, events and trade shows to maximise opportunities, seek new leads and develop a strong network of contacts.
- Reviewing leads, tracking success of proposals and reporting on progress.
- Maintaining a network of partners and prospects.
- Supporting growth and retention of existing partnerships.
- Liaising and collaborating with farmer on-boarding and marketing team to ensure successful delivery of contracts.
- Collecting and sharing market intelligence.