- Postgraduate degree in education or a related field from an accredited university.
- 10-15 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working on large donor-funded education projects.
- Previous experience successfully working as a Team Leader/ Project Director on DFID-funded education sector projects is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant technical fields such as primary education, education systems strengthening, education assessment, education management and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in project design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and institutional capacity development.
- Prior experience working in developing countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in East Africa. Experience is Uganda a plus.
- Must be diplomatic and politically savvy, as s/he will interact with host country government institutions and senior-level officials.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, work across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver project outcomes within agreed timelines.
- Excellent representational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability.
- Fluency in English is required.
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available