To be responsible for analysing, designing, installing, configuring and maintaining ROKE Telkom’s network infrastructure to meet the service expectations of the company and its clients, as well as to provide direction, information and recommendations regarding the network infrastructure. To continually strive to increase awareness of the ROKE Telkom brand promoting the company values of superior customer service, competitive pricing and technological innovation. Key duties and responsibilities include;
Key Performance Indicator 1: Technical Support
• Acting as level 2 Support in troubleshooting complex network and transmission related issues that have been escalated by the network operations centre to ensure maximum service availability as per SLA.
• Maximising network performance by continuously monitoring, analysing, tuning, and troubleshooting observed problems, escalating to vendors and third parties where applicable
• Communicating planned changes, maintenance and status updates in co-ordination with the NOC, to all stakeholders as per SLAs in a timely and effective way to mitigate service impact.
• Identifying and managing infrastructure upgrades and their installation and maintenance (including telecommunication, software, hardware) and having this planned to minimise disruption to existing services as much as possible;
Key Performance Indicator 2: IP And Data Services:-
• Playing a lead role in the design and management of the rollout of critical network infrastructure (including core routing, switching and transmission equipment) to support ROKE Telkom's products and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level to ensure maximum service reliability and availability.
• Evaluating and assessing alternative technologies and architectures in relation to ROKE Telkom's infrastructure needs; interfacing with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
• Supporting and planning the deployment ROKE Telkom's GPON Fiber network by taking ownership of the Optical Line Terminals including configuration, maintenance and upgrades to ensure maximum service uptime.
• Documenting network infrastructure including network diagrams as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations.
• Providing technical input in preparation of proposals and solution presentations as requested by the sales/provisioning team as and when required by the business.
• Participating in regular departmental planning and service review meetings to keep abreast of upcoming operational changes and objectives and to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Providing training and skills/knowledge sharing with other engineers in order to create flexibility in the team in handling network related activities to ensure high service availability and business continuity.
Key Performance Indicator 3: Network Expansion
• Participating in planning and execution of the extension of ROKE Telkom's infrastructure including transmission links to upcountry points of presence in order to meet business goals for network expansion
• Conferring with the CTO and Infrastructure Manager to participate in selection of technical kit, vendors and contractors to provide the highest quality of service as per business requirements.
• Act as focal technical implementation point of contact for projects with ROKE Telkom's strategic partners to co-ordinate cross-connects and link tests and fault handling.
Key Performance Indicator 4: Personal/Professional Development and Behaviours:
To personally and professionally develop through:
• Attending relevant technical training and participating in educational opportunities when requested to support in meeting the needs of the business.
• Proactively maintaining and participating in professional networks and events
• Working closely with other team members and other ROKE Telkom departments to support the business in achieving its overall goals, attending events as and when requested
• Keeping up to date with key events and challenges in the Telecoms industry
• Acting in a way that encourages team work and that is respectful and understanding of all colleagues within ROKE Telkom
• Aiming to accomplish professional and personal goals through taking ownership of current responsibilities and through seeking new opportunities and challenges.