Job Location: ICGLR-Regional Training Facility (RTF)
Recruitment Type: Local Hire
Job Duration: 3 years (renewable on availability of funds)
Starting Date: 1st May 2017
Mandate OF RTF:
To train and sensitize judicial officers, police units, social workers, medical officers and other categories of persons who handle cases of sexual violence in the Great Lakes Region.
Background to the Establishment of the RTF
The Regional Training Facility on Prevention and Suppression of Sexual and Gender Based Violence in the Great Lakes Region (herein referred to as the RTF) is an institution of the International Conference on the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR). : Angola, Burundi, Central Africa Republic (CAR), Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Republic of Congo (Congo Brazzaville), South Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Under Art 6(9), the ICGLR Protocol on the Prevention and Suppression of Sexual Violence against Women and Children (2006)., “Member States agree (d) to set up a special regional facility for training and sensitizing judicial officers, police units, social workers, medical officers and other categories of persons who handle cases of sexual violence in the Great Lakes Region”.
II: Main Functions of the Training Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Director, the Training Coordinator will be responsible for coordination of all trainings by the RTF including, but not limited to, training of Master Trainers (MTs), training of Trainers (TOTs) as well as coordination of training activities that will be organised in the member states in collaboration with National Coordinators and/or country representatives of ICGLR. He/she will report to the Director while also working closely with the Research, IT and Knowledge Production and Communication Coordinator and relevant officers at the ICGLR Conference Secretariat in Bujumbura and other consultants who are hired by the RTF for training purposes.
III: Specific TASKS/Responsibilities
1. Works to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of training events (including seminars, conferences, and other related meetings and e-learnings) for all trainees by planning and coordinating the logistics, systems for training programs and training sessions at the RTF.
2. Responsible for coordinating the design, delivery, and documentation of materials and curricular developed at RTF to regional and international standards.
3. Conducts training needs assessment to identify skill or knowledge gaps and compliance requirements needing to be addressed.
4. Tracks all training activity in relation to the training program at the RTF and reports training metrics and records on a timely basis to Management.
5. Expand and maintain existing networks of partners working on SGBV in member states including UN organisations, inter-governmental organisations, and Regional Economic Communities (RECs), CSO, Governments.
6. Delivers orientation training to new trainees, following the guidelines established in the training matrix and training manual(s).
7. Campaigning and public communication on gender equality, SGBV and RTF in collaboration with the communication team
8. Fundraising for trainings at RTF, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports about the trainings at RTF;
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, RTF.