Department: HR & Facilities
Reports To: Ass. Human Resource Manager
Supervises: No direct reports
Hours of Work: The job is done within normal working hours though jobholder may be occasionally required to work beyond normal hours.
POSITION SUMMARY & PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
Responsible for coordinating the employee life cycle for allocated business units and Implementing HR initiatives. As a generalist the jobholder will advise, guide and support all staff and managers in the Resolution Group; whilst providing high level people management and development support across the specific business units.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administration of recruitment, selection and staff induction with respective business units;
2. Coordinate benefits and welfare administration for respective business units.
3. Administration of fixed term contracts;
4. Assist the Head of department in the developing and updating HR policies and procedures;
5. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
6. Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
7. Works closely with management and employees to provides HR policy guidance and interpretation in order to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
8. Together with business unit leaders, identifies training needs, implements the training plan and follows up to measure the return on investment. 9. Undertake HR projects as applicable;
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Advice line/middle managers on disciplinary issues that are in conflict with policies, procedures, practices and guidelines.
Ensure the leave liability is within acceptable limits whilst giving notice to HoDs on outstanding leave balances
Confirmation of confidential staff information both to internal and external respondents
Communiqué to staff on behalf of HR department on various issues.
All HoDs & Assistant Managers Coordination of HR support requirements
Facilities Section Requisition for assets
Finance Invoices, payments or LPOs, inform on new additions/deletions to payroll, pay deductions
IT Department IT & Infrastructure issues
Client Relations Instruct on new members, HR policy on dependents, staff medical cards
Underwriting Staff medical cover
Corporate Approvals and/or meeting scheduling
Marketing Internal communication on company events
Entire Company Plan & Coordinate orientation of new staff
Outsourced training & follow up on payments HRMS vendor Information & data for HRMS implementation Administration Suppliers Coordinate, deal and resolve arising issues
Hotels & Conference centers Conference/workshop facilities