Reports To: General Manager- Finance/ Country Manager
Hours of Work: The job is done within normal working hours.
The Finance Manager’s principal challenge is to ensure proper creation and utilization of all financial resources in the enterprise and ensure they are all harnessed to ensure maximum returns to shareholders.
Responsible for capital issues, business financing and modeling, fraud and regulation, the jobholder will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organization’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
The position holder is charged with this responsibility across all the Resolution Health country offices.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monitoring, Controlling and Reporting:
a. Formulate annual budgets in close relation with departments for Board approval
b. Analyze and forecast critical financial performance indicators such as cash flow, cost controls and actual figures against budgets/targets. Convey these analyses and recommendations to the management and the Board Audit Committee
c. Provide Financial oversight in new project initiatives
d. Prepare financial reports as required.
e. Ensure prudent and efficient financial planning for the Company
2. Ensure optimal cash flow planning/management and maximize returns on investment of any excess funds
3. Management of credit control process with partner and clients and ensuring debtor days are kept within company approved timelines.
4. Contribute to strategic planning and implement agreed strategy in relation to the financial function
5. Oversee Accounting systems and Procedures:
a. Ensure effective automated financial information systems for the company
b. Ensure statutory audit within set timelines
c. Establish a system of internal controls
d. Identify and manage financial and related risks
e. Ensure that policies and procedures meet customer retention goals
f. Responsible for the delivery of subsidiaries
6. Ensure effective tax planning
7. Keep abreast with industry and professional trends
The following Core competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviors expected of an employee at Resolution Insurance Co. Limited. These competencies may need to be adjusted depending on the company’s overall mission and values.
• Communication Skills - Communicates clearly and professionally in written and oral forms to both internal and external clients.
• Initiative and Confidence - Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties.
• Achievement Drive - Sets goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination.
• Business Acumen - Has a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behavior has on the reputation of the company.
• Respect - Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
• Investment decisions
• Cash management
• Dealing with external parties e.g. auditors and regulators; shareholders and bankers
• Country Manager - Strategic and operational meetings
• General Manager- Finance/Board of Directors (Various operational matters)
• IRA/Auditors/ Investment banks - Regulatory, audit and investment issues
• Bankers - Originator of recommendations for approval
• Fraud exerts - Fraud matters
• Suppliers - Payment and recruitment issues