The role’s key purpose is to create sustainable impact through serving entrepreneurs in the SME sector with risk capital and business support, helping them to realise their full business potential and achieve long- term success. The investment manager delivers tangible value to the SME clients and by doing so, achieves financial and impact returns on his/her transactions. A secondary purpose is to develop and share within the GroFin network knowledge and expertise in SME investment and support, including lessons learnt.
- Deal Origination: Identify, develop and maintain deal referral networks
- Transaction development : Analyse and thoroughly verify and cross reference key assumptions underpinning the business plan; Build the financial model and conduct a proper risk assessment;
- Structure viable transactions in line with the GroFin investment and pricing policy and product parameters; Draft high quality, focused and concise screening and finance reports that allow for efficient decision making within agreed time frames
- SGB sustainability & growth: Support the client in developing and implementing a robust business plan, financial plan and risk assessment and mitigation plan; Facilitate business linkages. Provide access to markets and business opportunities. Maintain a network of SME service providers; Leverage GroFin’s expertise effectively for clients benefit
- 5+ years (junior investment manager: 2+: senior investment manager: 7+) of a demonstrated track record in investing or financing SMEs
- Advanced degree required. An MBA is preferred, as well as CFA or ACCA.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Excellent credit management skills
- Excellent deal origination skills and a well-developed network with the local SME business and finance community (not applicable for junior role).
- Written and spoken language fluency in English essential.
Choose GroFin, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
About the Company
We are a pioneering development financier specializing in financing and supporting small and growing businesses (SGBs) across Africa and the Middle East. We combine patient capital and specialized business support to grow emerging market enterprises. By generating employment, strengthening value chains and building markets, our investments bring about inclusive growth and improved living conditions in low and middle income countries.