Supervisor: Plant Manager
Job Classification: Permanent
Contract Length: Open
Duty Station: Jinja
Salary: Negotiable with the right candidate
A dynamic and fast growing Agro-Processing Company with countrywide operations is looking for intelligent, self motivated and hard working candidate to fill the position of Maintenance/Production Supervisor.
Job Summary: The Position is responsible for mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting and repair of production machines, regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities in a safe, productive and cost-effective manner, supervising and coordinating production activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
2. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
3. Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
4. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
5. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
6. Ably use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
7. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
8. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
10. Track and maintain electronic records on all maintenance and repairs to machines and facility.
11. Control maintenance budget and spending.
12. Set performance targets for the department and obtain approval through the Plant Manager.
13. Direct and delegate workload to maintenance personnel.
14. Ensure all processes, procedures and documentation is directed towards ISO compliance.