Start date: 08 February 2017
Recommend this job to a friend
Full time, Contract
No. of Employees:
Minimum years of experience:
Reporting to the Production Supervisor and based at the Company’s Head Office in Jinja, the Drier Process Operator will be responsible for managing and operating grain-drying machines that reduce moisture content of grain. This employee will also maintain quality of grain while in storage, generate production process data, attend to minor repairs and participate in scheduled maintenance on all equipment.
The Drier Process Operator reports to the Production Supervisor.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility
The Drier Process Operator shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Using a computerized system receive incoming grain, test the grain, and transferring the grain through a cleaning and drying process to the correct bin utilizing the available storage space as efficiently a possible.
2. Using an automated system, load out grain to trucks.
3. Maintain the quality of the grain in the silos by making periodic inspections of all stored grain, turn the grain as necessary, and make recommendations to the Production Supervisor on how to improve grain handling operations.
4. Blend all grains as necessary when loading out to achieve uniform grade.
5. Maintain equipment and facilities regularly; and follow housekeeping standards keeping facilities neat and clean.
6. Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work and a favorable image of the Company.
1. Basics in electrical/mechanical engineering disciplines
2. Excellent mechanical, troubleshooting, reasoning and problem solving aptitude
3. Ability to read and understand technical drawings including process flow charts.
4. Computer and data entry skills.
5. Ability to utilize and interpret information from charts and graphs.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Adhere to company Health and Safety Procedures
Ability to work on Saturdays and sometimes outside normal working hours.
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist the successful candidate in her duties. It is not exhaustive and because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. The Drier Process Operator, on occasions, may be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the company.
About the Company
Coach Africa Limited is a regional people and Organizational Development firm specializing in leadership development and attitude change interventions. It is the pioneer in Uganda for providing professional coaching services and the founder, Norah Bwaya, was the first International Certified Professional Coach in Uganda. Since then the company has grown into a partnership of highly experienced management consultants who specialize in organizational effectiveness and human resource management.