Reporting to the Production Supervisor and based at the Company’s Head Office in Jinja, the Drier Process Operator will be responsible for managing and operating grain-drying machines that reduce moisture content of grain. This employee will also maintain quality of grain while in storage, generate production process data, attend to minor repairs and participate in scheduled maintenance on all equipment.
The Drier Process Operator reports to the Production Supervisor.
Duties/Areas of Responsibility
The Drier Process Operator shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
1. Using a computerized system receive incoming grain, test the grain, and transferring the grain through a cleaning and drying process to the correct bin utilizing the available storage space as efficiently a possible.
2. Using an automated system, load out grain to trucks.
3. Maintain the quality of the grain in the silos by making periodic inspections of all stored grain, turn the grain as necessary, and make recommendations to the Production Supervisor on how to improve grain handling operations.
4. Blend all grains as necessary when loading out to achieve uniform grade.
5. Maintain equipment and facilities regularly; and follow housekeeping standards keeping facilities neat and clean.
6. Maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work and a favorable image of the Company.