1. Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
2. Maintains Akorion Company LTD staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
3. Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
4. Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
5. Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
6. Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
7. Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource law of the government of Uganda; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing Akorion Company LTD at hearings.
8. Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
9. Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
11. Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
12. Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
13. Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
14. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
15. Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
16. Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
17. Prepares budget of human resources operations.
18. Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within Akorion Company LTD. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within Akorion Company LTD.
19. Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
20. Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
21. Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
22. Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment