Team Player with a capability to ensure group commitment to objectives, follow up and ensure adherence to implementation and documentation best practices, and set clear plans and objectives. Ability to travel and work under pressure and with tight deadlines Ability to ride a motorcycle and possession of a valid driving license/permit – Class A Proven communication skills including ability to clearly document and present information through oral and written means. Flexibility and Adaptability Excellent planning and Management skills
English, ekarimajong, Tur
Key Duties and Responsibilities;
Under the direct supervision of the Project manager the ideal candidate shall assist in planning, implementation, Monitoring and documentation of all programme activities undertaken in the region. Specifically, the Programme officer will support implementation of cash for work and agricultural inputs distribution activities, in addition to agricultural livelihoods support though capacity building, support to market linkages for farmers, and local government capacity building.
- Organize and attend weekly planning meetings with logistics, finance and Programme departments to develop weekly project work plans and corresponding budgets, to support procurement and payments approvals process.
- Support maintenance of monthly Project Management Frameworks (PMF), and Budget Follow Up (BFU) tools in direct liaison with logistics, finance, and the Programme Manager
- Coordinate with Team leaders to ensure operational efficiency and mitigation of resource duplication between individual projects.
- Liaise with Team Leaders to identify programmatic challenges, opportunities and progress, and report back to the Programme Manager on a weekly basis
- Conduct site visits and liaise with local actors to support Team Leaders in ensuring stakeholder buy-in
Programme Monitoring, compliance, and reporting
- Maintain files of all relevant implementation documentation for all ongoing projects
- Support programme manager in development of monthly implementation reports
Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Sociology, social works and social Administration, Economics or any other relevant qualification.
At least 3 years of experience and sound knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation, and/or reporting with a reputable organization.
Desired sector experience related to cash transfer programming, agricultural livelihoods development, and/or market linkages support.
About the Company
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non-governmental organization created in 1993. Independent, private and not-for-profit, ACTED respects a strict political and religious impartiality and operates according to non-discrimination and transparency principles.ACTED’s vocation is to support vulnerable populations worldwide and to accompany them in the construction of a better future. The programmes implemented by ACTED in Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America/Caribbean, aim at addressing the needs of the populations affected by wars, natural catastrophes and/or economical and social crisis. ACTED has been present in Uganda since 2007, and currently implements its interventions in Karamoja Region (Napak, Nakapiripirit, Moroto and Kotido.